What is Google Checkout?
Google Checkout helps you attract new customers, convert more sales and lower transaction processing costs. Google Checkout is a checkout process that you provide on your website to enable your customers to buy from you quickly and securely, using a single username and password.
Google Checkout Settings
To start processing online payments with Google Chckout you need to register a new account and reside in a supported Country.
Note: At the time of writing (November 2010) only the United States (US) and United Kingdom (UK) were supported by this payment provider, with support for other countries yet to be announced.
- Open Settings > Store > Payments from the WordPress Administration menu
- Under General Settings check the box beside Google Checkout
- Save changes by clicking Update
- Hover your mouse over the Google Checkout line and click Edit
- Under Merchant ID and Merchant Key provide the merchant details within your Google Checkout account
- Ensure Server Type is to Production to start selling immediately to the public
- Set your primary currency by adjusting the Select your currency dropdown
- Select a preferred Google Checkout button style for the Shopping Basket widget and Checkout page.
- Ensure you set the ‘Return URL’ within the merchant details of your Google Checkout account
- Save changes by clicking Update with the payment options dialog