What is iDeal?
iDeal is the leading payment gateway in the Netherlands and soon to be an European standard.
Contact your preferred bank to set up an iDeal account. Most banks offer several iDeal types to suit every need, no matter if you’re a starting entrepreneur or a big corporation. It really is a matter of weighing the pros and cons.
Currently the Dutch banks ABN Amro, ING and Rabobank offer ‘true’ iDeal services. SNS Bank offers a service named WeDeal which has a different iDeal implementation very similar to the Dutch payment gateway Mollie.
Setting up iDeal in WP e-Commerce
There are two ways of bringing iDeal support to WP e-Commerce. You can either purchase the Gold Cart plugin, which only supports the PSPID iDeal version from ABN Amro – amongst other great functionality like the grid view and multiple image upload – or install LDB WP e-Commerce iDeal.
- Enter all the requested credentials like the PSPID and the PSPID URL ( only for LDB WP e-Commerce iDeal ).
- Assign the right form fields to other information being send to iDeal like the address of the buyer. This information is used to cross-reference account ownership.
- You’re all done!
- Enter all the requested credentials.
- Perform the 7 required test transactions. These are transactions from €1 to €7 and they need to be performed to make sure that everything is in working order for your iDeal account.
- After the tests have been performed it normally takes up to 48 hours before your iDeal account is activated. This depends on which bank and which type of iDeal account you use.
The third option
There is another option to add iDeal support to WP e-Commerce but that is a road less traveled because it requires people to generate their own certificates which can be quite the hassle. Information on this can be found on http://idealcheckout.nl ( in Dutch ).