Actions are triggered by specific events that take place in WordPress, such as publishing a post, changing themes, or displaying a page of the admin panel. Your plugin can respond to the event by executing a PHP function, which might do one or more of the following:
- Modify database data
- Send an email message
- Modify what is displayed in the browser screen (admin or end-user)
The basic steps to making this happen (described in more detail below) are:
- Create the PHP function that should execute when the event occurs, in your plugin file.
- Hook to the action in WordPress, by calling add_action()
- Put your PHP function in a plugin file, and activate it.
Actions run during a typical Products Page request
Actions run during a typical Product request
- wpsc_top_of_products_page: Top of Products Page (e.g. Live Search).
- wpsc_theme_footer: Bottom of Products Page.
- wpsc_product_before_description: Above Product description on Products Page.
- wpsc_product_addons: After wpsc_product_before_description template hook on Products Page.
- wpsc_product_addon_after_descr: After Product description on Single Product page.
- wpsc_before_shipping_of_shopping_cart: Before shipping tab on Checkout.
- wpsc_before_form_of_shopping_cart: Before shopping cart form on Checkout.
- wpsc_inside_shopping_cart: Inside Checkout fields on Checkout.
- wpsc_bottom_of_shopping_cart: Used to add content/ functionality right at the bottom of the checkout page.
- wpsc_transaction_result_cart_item: Inside cart item on Transaction Results.
- wpsc_admin_settings_page: Bottom of Admin tab.
- wpsc_taxes_settings_page: Bottom of Taxes tab.
- wpsc_shipping_settings_page: Bottom of Shipping tab.
- wpsc_general_settings_page: Bottom of General tab.
- wpsc_presentation_settings_page: Bottom of Presentation tab.
- wpsc_move_theme: Bottom of Move Themes dialog within Presentation tab.
- wpsc_checkout_settings_page: Bottom of Checkout tab.
- wpsc_purchlogitem_links_start: Bottom of Actions within Store Sales detail page.