3.8.x major updates include
- Products to Custom Post Types
- Utilization of Custom Post Type UI in admin (looks amazing!)
- Variations are saved as Child Products
- Variation sets now use WordPress taxonomies
- Product Categories now use WordPress taxonomies
- Fixed the Variation bug
- Unique names in checkout turned into options for use with the new ticket plugin
- Extra hooks and filters added for ticket plugin
- Core images URL constant added
- Install directions for Gold Cart updated
- Check for Paypal in relation to displaying the Buy Now button.
- Removed wpsc_inside_shopping_cart duplicate action
- Fixed e-Commerce Tracking integration with Google Analytics for WordPress
- Use of site_url() within the Purchase Receipt/Admin Report for correct site URL
- Fixed presentation of Current Month widget on Store > Sales page
- Added stripslashes() to the output of custom Product meta on the front-end and within Sales > Products
- Added Show Product List RSS option within Store > Settings > Presentation to toggle visibility of the Product List RSS
- Fixed hourly reset of claimed stock
- Fixed Sales search, can now seek orders based on Checkout field details as well as Transaction ID
- Fixed implode issue on products tags
- More fixes to Checkout options
- Renamed “Last 30 Days” to “This Month” reflecting the behavior of the e-Commerce dashboard widget
- Fixed Delete purchases within Sales for single and bulk purchases
- Deleted categories are no longer visible within the tinyMCE Display Products panel
- Updated support for the latest release of DropShop
- Fix to force variation price to update on product page load
- Added new POT file for translations
- Added back the hourly Cron Job for clearing the Claimed Stock
- Stripslahses added to transaction results message and Order Notes (removes the / in front of ‘ and “)
- Dashboard widget does not include sales that have been canceled by Paypal Pro
- Australia Post Shipping Module, fix for International quotes
- Fixed calculations on the Purchase Log and Shipping details pages
- Fixed Broken HTML tag in Packing Slip
- Permalinks Issue for WordPress 3.0 and the menu_nav_item custom post type conflict
- Memory Bump to increase PHP’s memory limit if running on 32MB to avoid fatal error out of memory issues
- Edit Coupons Fixed and new Category Conditions added to the mix
- Checkout Options for drop-down boxes, radio buttons Fixed
- Fix Problem with Deprecated Theme files showing WPSC_TXT instead of their proper values.
- Fixed Integration with Gold Cart Plugin so Payment Gateways Show up on the Gateway Options page
- Added new nn_NO Translation Files
- Changed initial tax rate for UK to 17.5
- Fixed doubling Paypal Standard shipping bug
- Removed debug page from Paypal Standard 2.0
- Renamed Rogue Filters to align with Wp-e-Commerce Naming Conventions
- Fix admin product search so it works with multiple words.
- New Filters added to packing slip to allow better customization
- Changed working on Upgrades page to acknowledge Gold Cart Plugin difference
- Theme File Changes : Fixed Terms and Conditions over SSL
- Theme File Changes : Fixed Grid and List View to use hide_decimals options (so you can show/hide decimals on products-page)
- Bugfix release
- Reset categoryAndShippingCountryConflist SESSION after each page load
- Stock not freed up when items are removed from the cart
- Permalinks broken when using nordic characters
- Tax included text strings aren’t translated
- Total Amount is no longer negative is a discount used is larger than the total amount
- Norwegian translation
- Product list not showing in admin email report
- State shows Alabama (or other default region) if the country does not have states
- Shipping same as billing bug revisited
- Share this Fixes
- Added %find_us% tag so you can include how the customer found the website in your purchase report
- Fix pagination to work with search results.
- Support for WordPress 2.9 canonical URLs for Products and Categories
- More Fixes to the PayPal Pro merchant file
- Image thumbnail size fixes
- Updated readme to mark plugin as working with 2.9
- Purchase log filtering bug fixed
- Fix for a bug when no shipping module is used where the shipping country and region were not being changed
- Remove button on checkout page now clears stock claims
- Fixes to the PayPal Pro merchant file
- Fixes to the PayPal Express Checkout merchant file
- Tracking email improvements
- HTML in descriptions does not break RSS (thanks to http://www.leewillis.co.uk)
- Category permalinks will now be regenerated properly on installation
- Category lis*t bug preventing viewing a product when viewing a category fixed.
- Added code for upgrades/additions from nielo.info and lsdev.biz, we will be using this for new modules in the future.
- All In One SEO Pack compatibility bugfixes and improvements.
- CSV has had some work done on it, it now takes larger files, and associates a CSV file to a single category of your choice. We’d love to be able to allow users to add the categories and images as part of the CSV file. We will look into it more at a later date.
- SSL we fixed the image issue from beta1 and used James Collis recommended fix (using is_ssl() for our conditions) Thanks James!
- ‘Show list of Product Groups’ shows all Groups <- there may be some backwards compatibility issues (we havent encountered any but nevertheless if you spot any let us know)
- When duplicating products, their tags do not get duplicated for the new product. <- Oh yes they DO!
- Google Checkout now sends off Discount Coupons As well. And we fixed the name vs code Issue people mentioned in the forum
- Category shortcode backwards compatibility
- Fix Purchlogs – We had a lot of users that somehow by passed the ‘fix purchase logs’ page when upgrading from 3.6, so we added some better conditions to the mix and added it on to the debug page (a powerful wp-e-commerce page that is hidden from most users as it’s usage is very corrosive backing up your DB and files is strongly recommended if not necessary when you work with this page).
- Valid XHTML for front end of wpec YAY!
- Fixed adding variations when adding products
- Sender from the ‘resend email to buyer’ link on the purchase log details page has been fixed
- Shipping Discount Bug that stopped shipping working at all.
- Categories Widget has had numerous changes –
- Better MU support.
- Canadian Tax – Fixes
- US Tax –Fixes
- Product Categories Caching Issue Resolved
- Coupons – ‘Apply to all Products’ and numerous bug fixes
- ‘Your Account’ done some fixes to it.
- ‘Accepted Payment’ goes straight to ‘Closed Order’
- Stock claims are now cleared when the cart is emptied
- Purchase log bulk actions now work
- PayPal gateway module fixes and improvements
- HTML Tables can now be added to product descriptions
- Flat Rate and Weight Rate improvements
- Changes to shipping to fix the bugs from 3.7.3 with shipping and the new shipping_discount feature
- Fixes for variations under grid view