Installing WP eCommerce
There are 2 ways to install WP eCommerce in your site
Installing from the WordPress.org repository
Installing WP eCommerce is just like any other WordPress plugin. Navigate to your WordPress “Plugins” page, inside of your WordPress dashboard, and follow these instructions:
- In the search field enter “WP eCommerce”. Click “Search Plugins”, or hit Enter.
- Select WP eCommerce and click either “Details” or “Install Now”.
- Once installed, click “Activate”.
WP eCommerce is now activated and ready to be configured.
Installing Manually via FTP
- Go to the WordPress.org plugin page for WP eCommerce at https://wordpress.org/plugins/wp-e-commerce/ and download the latest version of WP eCommerce.
- Once you have the zip file downloaded unzip it to a location on your hard drive. You should now have a directory called `wp-e-commerce`
- Using your favorite FTP software upload that directory (the entire folder and not the contents inside it) to your server and place it under `wp-content/plugins`
- Go to your WordPress admin Plugins page and just hit Activate next to the WP eCommerce plugin in the list.