What is PayPal?
PayPal is the safer, easier way to pay online without revealing your credit card number.
What is PayPal Express Checkout?
Express Checkout is PayPal’s premier checkout solution, which streamlines the checkout process for buyers and keeps them on the merchant’s site after making a purchase.
PayPal Express Checkout Settings
To start processing online payments with PayPal you need to register a new account; it’s free. Jump over to Setting up a PayPal Express Checkout account for a detailed explanation on signing up with PayPal, otherwise, continue reading to setup the PayPal Express Checkout payment option within WP eCommerce.
- Open Settings > Store > Payments from the WordPress Administration menu
- In the Select Payment Gateways list check the box beside PayPal Express Checkout 3.0 and hit Save Changes. That will enable the gateway on the store.
- To edit the gateway Settings hover your mouse over the PayPal Express Checkout 3.0 line and click Settings
- Under API Username provide your PayPal generated API Username provided within PayPal’s website on the My Account > Profile > API Access > View API Signature page
- Under API Password provide your PayPal generated API Password provided within PayPal’s website on the My Account > Profile > API Access > View API Signature page
- Under API Signature provide your PayPal generated API Signature provided within PayPal’s website on the My Account > Profile > API Access > View API Signature page
- Enter your Merchant ID which you can find in your PayPal account under My Account | Profile.
- Under Server Type ensure Production is selected for live transactions
- Save changes by clicking Update within the payment options dialog
- To enable the Shortcut Button on the Cart page select Yes in the Enable Shortcut option.
Setting up a PayPal Express Checkout account
To enable WP eCommerce to perform at its best you need to setup a a
Verified PayPal Business Account
. If you have an existing Personal account with PayPal, you can
upgrade your account
to a Business account. A Business Account is needed for PayPal to communicate with your WP eCommerce store.
Setting up the IPN to feedback to your shop
The following URL should be entered into your Paypal IPN settings; http://mysite.com/products-page/transaction-results/?ipn_request=true
Please note the IPNs do not working with the Paypal sandbox test gateways