- WordPress 4.0+ The new theme engine is developed and tested using WordPress 4.0+
- WP eCommerce active master branch (branch-4.0.0). You will need to use the active development branch of WP eCommerce that will support the transition from the old theme engine and the new one. This is the default master branch. You just need to clone it from here: https://github.com/wp-e-commerce/wp-e-commerce/
- Open wp-config.php in your WordPress core folder and flip
true. This makes sure you'll see any error messages as you play with this theme engine. It's rough around the edges so there will absolutely be issues here and there. Please report any PHP notices, errors or bugs that you think is caused by the new theme engine.
- Activate WP eCommerce.
- If you have a fresh WordPress setup OR you have never used any other addon plugins to the core WP eCommerce then the new theme engine is activated by default.
- In case you have a plugin that uses one of the actions here then the old theme engine will be enabled and not the new one( TeV2 )
- Go to Settings -> Permalinks and select any permalink scheme that is not default (we'll add support for the default permalink scheme soon enough).
- Your store is now available at the
If you don't like the slugs, go to Settings->Store->Pages and edit the slugs as you see fit. Note that you don't need any pages to be created. The store slugs will work as-is.
You should not expect this to be 100% bug free yet, so don't use it on your live stores.
If you're testing with a theme that is already customized for the old theme engine, expect to see something totally different. None of the previous customization you did will be replicated on the new theme engine as it is a totally different engine.